I am so excited to offer this book share/swap. I've been wanting to get this event started and yesterday I was inspired and reminded about the many gifts of reading and the amazing books that bring creativity to light. This is just a natural fit and great compliment to the community we are building here in Winsted. Mindfulness beyond the Mat.
Here's how I've decided to run the book Share/swap:
1. Each Person needs to register that they are participating with the studio for the book share/swap. (The Link to register is below)
2. Each person in that registration writes something about them...things you love, travels you've taken, maybe some general interests.
3. I will pair you up with another person in our studio book share community. They will send you out a book...based on some of the things you have listed about you in the registration process. In return you will mail them out a book based on some of the things they wrote in the registration process. They will have your mailing address or if you prefer the book share exchange can be handled through me at the studio with no address exchange. Each person in the book share community will have one name and one address to share with only. A book for a book. :)
4. You are registering to swap one book for one book. If you register and can't do that...please let me know so I can make sure everyone gets one book.
5. This is a free event (no fee to the studio)
6. The book you exchange can be new or used (the person you give the book to.... keeps the book)
7. You are encouraged to write notes about the books you are giving... in a note or even on the inside cover of the book (maybe why you loved it, why you shared the book or why you think they will love them!)
8. Start Date for the Book Share is March 1st....but no event will be held at the studio on that day. It is just a reference date as to when you should register by and books should start being mailed out or exchanged at the studio.
9. Limiting this first group to a Book Share Community of 20. If the book share community builds momentum...we will consider registering again and getting it going in the spring as well.
A nice gesture to our community to share the joy of reading and an opportunity to open our eyes, heart and imagination to a book we may not have thought of reading.
Please see registration link below to register or reach out to the studio with any questions on email@example.com